September 11, 2008

MY DAUGHTER…A SUPERWOMAN!














My daughter…a career woman, a wife and a mother to a 'smart ass' and two fat cats... Daisy & Fluffy. She’s petite and looks so fragile...but looks can be deceiving! She could break your neck in seconds...
Today she’s flying off to Philadelphia for a seminar. It’s sad that she have to go there during Ramadan and miss the breakfast with her family. The moment she reaches back, after such a long hour of flying...and it’s off to work again! Maybe she already got used to it. Sometimes I wonder how long she could cope! It must be hard...I have been there before! Ah...I guess she is still young and full of endurance!
She could just stay at home because her husband could well afford to feed those four mouths...but she chooses to work...egoist :))
I am happy that she is doing well but at the same time I am sad...we seldom spend times together anymore...most of the times we just talk over the phone :((
Well, I knew I am going to lose her the moment she got married...she has her own responsibility now. To think of it...I should be glad that she never burdens me with anything...not even to look after that 'smart ass'...my granddaughter :))
I wonder who is going to miss her most...her husband, her daughter or her two fat cats?...Fluffy especially!
I look at her pictures when she is still small and I wonder, where has this girl gone to? How I wish to hold that small girl again in my arms now :(( At the moment I only have my son with me...he too will leave me someday...or maybe I will leave him before he leaves me...nothing last forever!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your daughter is pretty like you and I guess must have taken after your strong personality too.
You know, thinking about family makes me nostalgic always...like you are now. How I long for the good old days when we were all together as one big family and mother hen, my mother:), was still around. But life goes on and each one goes to find his/her rightful path. Let us just treasure the beautiful memories and the love we'll keep in our hearts forever.
Have a great day sis, glad to know your innermost thoughts. Hugs!

CT said...

Yes, my dearest sis...life goes on & I will always treasure the beautiful memories.
Thanks for your kind words…xoxo

Anonymous said...

Times travel very fast.Yesterday you feel like you still cuddling them.Today they are totally grownup.Have their own life to live.That's what you call circle of life.Anyway,I'm sure you have a great family to live with. No matter how far they travel,they will always comeback to your loving arm. That's why they call you mum.

Lot of love....

CT said...

Thanks Dear...such a comforting words! What you said is 101% correct!