September 10, 2008

SOME OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES BY RALPH WALDO EMERSON

















  • “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
  • “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”
  • “The only way to have a friend is to be one.”
  • “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
  • “What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.”
  • “Character is higher than intellect…a great soul will be strong to live as well as to think.”
  • “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”

Do you like any of these quotes? Which one do you like most? Let me know...

Ralph Waldo Emerson:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Waldo_Emerson

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good day sis...R.W. Emerson is also one of my favorites. The quotes I like best are one, about making the most of yourself, and two, about character being more important. I own nothing else in this world except that and to be a good human being and liking what I am, I'll have the capacity to love others and treat them well as I want myself to be treated...everything else follows.
Thank you sis for these great thought. Love you!

CT said...

Nini Said “I own nothing else in this world except that and to be a good human being and liking what I am, I'll have the capacity to love others and treat them well as I want myself to be treated...everything else follows.”
That’s what I like about you!Thanks sis for your visit!

EASTMILE said...

The 3rd quotes look good to me.It has more meaning in it.That's from R.W Emerson. But from me I have a poem for you......
'In this world
The girl are wise
To date a man
She always think twice
When she reached the age of maturity
There is no love without SECURITY'
I hope it's sound good to you...

Mamma mia.......

CT said...

Mamma Mia...ai ai ai...You smart ass hahaha...Thanks Francis!