
“Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way, that is not within everybody’s power...and it is not easy.”
There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His Father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence.
Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down.
He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence. Finally, the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper.
The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, “You have done well my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It Won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry, the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.”



8 comments:
When anger rises, think of the consequences.
Confucius
Chinese philosopher &
reformer (551 BC - 479 BC)
Thanks Pharmy! Such a good reminder...tapi kita selalu terlupa:)
CT,
You are so clever...This post looks better in your blog than in mine cos of the excellent graphic!!Well done!!!
I hate to get angry...look at what is happening to Gaza strip..Now that really makes me very angry...
Who is the singer of the song playing? Is it Jose Feliciano or is it James Taylor???
Me dah tua lah kak CT..
How have you been?
Take care and know that my thoughts are with you dear friend.
Hi Paula,
Thanks for swinging by my dear…you got the same post too? On which blog? You got so many blog hehehe anyway we must have a little bit of similarity in taste or we wouldn’t publish it…I’ll take a look at yours soon.
Gaza Strip is pathetic! I hate what happened there...innocent children being killed almost everyday…lets not talk about it coz it’s so sad.
The singer is Jose Feliciano laaa sayang…you dah tua? Kalau you dah tua that mean I’m antique lah macam nii…I lagi teruk laa hahaha
You take care too my newfound friend…don’t let the incident like the one @ masterwordsmith-unplugged happen again…
That's so true sis, words said in anger can hurt deeply and would be so hard to take back. It is therefore best to think first before we utter any hurting word.
By the way sis,I also posted Christian the Lion in my site. Thanks.
Have a peaceful night. Love you!
Sis,
I don’t think that we could take back any words said in anger because forgiving is easy and yet forgetting is something that’s very hard to do. The biggest problem is that most people can’t think well when they’re are angry...sadly that includes me!
Yeah sis I’ve seen it coz’ I’ve visited your site. After your visit here...insyaAllah I’ll have a peaceful night:) Sweet dream sis!
this story really saddens me. i'm guilty of it everyday..because i scold my children everyday and it's too late when i realised what i've said.Syaitan always triumph!he's in camp for 4 days and i missed him so much especially when i see your post about the kids in gaza... so pitiful. when you solat, remember to pray for me ... so that i'll be more patient and my faith will always be sturdy and strong. i'll remember you in my daily doa's too. insyaAllah. love to my nephew and my favourite brother-in law..
Hi Sayang…
I’m not much better than you dik...I scolded my children too :(
We love & care for them so much! We always try to do our very best to guide them to the right path but sometimes the words just came out wrong:( InsyaAllah dik I’ll pray for you…if I can pray for others…why can’t I pray for my 'Own Blood'? We should always remember each other in our daily do’a dik! Don't you know that I love you?
Post a Comment