December 12, 2008

CHRISTIAN THE LION...

“If You Love Something, Set It Free...If It Comes Back To You, It’s Yours...If It Doesn't, It Never Was.”

In 1969, John Rendall and Ace Berg saw a lion cub for sale in Harrods. Cramped and lonely in a small cage, they decided to bring it home.
A local vicar allowed them to exercise the cub, now named Christian, in the church grounds but he very quickly became too big for their flat.
The only thing they could do was to try to reintroduce him to Africa, which they managed to do.
A year later, they wanted to visit him but were told that he was now the head of his own pride and as such was completely wild and would not remember them.Undaunted, they went anyway...
What happen when they finally found the wild lion? Watch the video and you will be amazed!

“Who will now care for the animals, for they cannot look after themselves? Are there young men and women who are willing to take on this charge? Who will raise their voices, when mine is carried away on the wind,to plead their case?”

George Adamson
1906 – 1989

I Dedicated This Clip Especially To My Son...I Know One Day, Just Like Christian...He Too Will Leave Me To Lead His Own Life And I’m Going To Miss Him So Much! To All My Family & Friends...Thanks For Being A Part Of Me!



To Know More About This Video Or To Make Your Donations Please Visit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_the_lion
http://www.bornfree.org.uk/campaigns/big-cats/about/christian-the-lion/

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning sis. It's a very touching story. I saw this on TV about more than a month ago but watching it again still made me cry...who says animals don't feel the way we do...it is such a beautiful story of friendship and love. Thank you sis. Hugs!

CT said...

Yes Sis,
It's very touching that's why I put it here so I can watch it over & over again...I know you'll like it:)

Shah said...

so touching ..where can i buy lion CUB?

CT said...

"so touching ..where can i buy lion CUB?"

Salam Shah,

I don't know where to buy it:(
but sure wish to have one after watching this video!