April 14, 2008

HERBS: I’M A USER AND A BELIEVER!

















Local Name:Hempedu Bumi
Scientific Name: Andrographis Paniculata

These herbs have been used as medicinal plant to treat diabetes and high blood pressure. I used it for cough because it helped to expel the phlegm and relieve chest congestion.

Place some portion of the leaves in the palm of your hand and knead it into a ball…swallow it with coffee or tea so you can’t really feel the bitterness. If you can stand the bitter taste, just soak a few dried or fresh leaves in a cup of boiling water for a few minutes to drink it.

You can drink it while it still warm or cold but the taste...Surely is BITTER!

You can dry the leaves and keep it in an airtight container for further use. If you prefer not to boil it you can just soak it in hot water.

For more information check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrographis_paniculata

2 comments:

EASTMILE said...

Thanks for the useful tips about the herbs for preventing high blood.Can these herb help me grow my teeth!!! I need to cure it,urgently.

CT said...

C'mon, you must be joking! I knew its good for bronchitis but for teeth? Never heard of it :))